Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The next big city...









So Dublin...it's good...I like it. It's a big city basically. It's funny being here in contrast to Cork and Galway (all the other little cities I've been through in Ireland) because while it still seems all Irishy and all that, it's uber International at the same time. So it goes when you have a city in the neighborhood of 1 million...that'll happen in any country.

Yesterday I went to Trinity College, which reminded me a lot of UVa
actually. They have the same ridiculousness about living on the lawn
basically...but it's not the lawn, it's this ugly old brick
building...and they have to walk down a bunch of stairs out in the cold
and back into the bathroom, sorta like they do on the lawn. So it goes.

So for another crazy story in Lauren's Great European Adventure...I was walking up to see the Book of Kells (in the College) and I look over, and who do I see but an old friend from UVa. Totally random! I tell you this world is a crazy place. So today we went to lunch at this tasty little Italian place called Trastevere Ristorante...anyhoo, a bowl of mushroom soup, a caesar salad, and a glass of wine later I'm about to head off to the Guinness Storehouse to learn about all that loveliness, and then after, who can say...there's an endless sea of possibilities!

No comments: